Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The good with the bad.

The good:
Playing basketball in a women's league of former college players. Feeling that amazing feeling when a pass hits in just the right spot, a shot leaves your hand and falls, and you know where your teammate is even when you can't see her.

The bad:
Realizing you aren't 21 anymore. The signature move is no longer effective... where is that darn backboard that I used to be able to kiss the ball off of?? Where are my legs when I need them the most? Where did this heavy breathing come from?

But there are moments, though fleeting, when I am back there on the court in a conference game, fourth quarter, and we are getting ready to take the game. It feels like yesterday and I remember why I love this game so very, very much.

No comments: