Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday fun-day with the hammocks

While Forest Park has my heart, Tower Grove is a close second.

I had my first Division 1 competitive kickball game there today. You may scoff because kickball is traditionally a 5th grade game, but let me tell you, this isn't your old playground game anymore. Ok, it is... but people really get into it. I mean REALLY get into it. We all play for a league called "Big Balls" (pun intended). I have played on other teams but they have always been Division 2 or 3 recreational, so when my friend Patrick recruited me to be one of the required two girls on the team, I have to admit, I was a little nervous. In the end we came back to win the game 8-6, and I had so much fun playing!

The Big Balls league is notorious for making pretty racey team logos... our team name is "The Banana Hammocks" so you can only imagine what that looks like. Maybe I shouldn't show it... but, what the heck, it is nothing worse than what I saw all over the beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil so I am going to go for it. Sorry Mom :).


After the game I decided to take a jog around the park and I was quickly reminded why I need to visit here more often.

These are kids playing in a fountain in the middle of the park. There was one kid who would wait for the water to shoot up and then he would squat down on top of it and laugh SO hard. My guess is that in the future his house will be equipped with a bidet.

Whenever I hear kids laugh and see them play it reminds me of carefree times. I love belly laughs, it seems like as adults we don't laugh like that enough. I promise myself that I will always laugh hard, play hard, and run through the occasional park fountain. It is good for the soul.

No comments: