Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summertime fun!

This week marked the beginning of my summer break and it was a busy week for sure. I had meetings after meetings and lots of things to catch up on. The funnest part of my week, by far, was the daily trip to see mom at the retirement community where she lives now. This week was a big week in her life. She had yet another Mother's Day celebration AND her 62nd birthday. This meant lots of treats and fun celebrations. Probably the best surprise of all was when I brought her dog Riley to visit. Riley is her very best friend and unfortunately can't stay with mom where she currently lives. The look on mom's face when Riley came trotting in was priceless, and totally worth the time and effort it took to get her there.

Here is mom enjoying a beautiful day outside. We sat on the swing and just watched the world go by. It truly is the little things.


Mom and Riley making up for lost time

Something really cool is my mom's new-found interest in playing the piano. She used to play when she was young but really never played while I was growing up. Now she plays all of the time, and the other residents love to sit and listen to her.





I am in San Diego for the next 10 days. I will be spending time catching up with my uncle and aunt and enjoying the beautiful SoCal weather. More to come!

No comments: