Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June gloom.

This is what the locals call the haze that comes in from the ocean and covers the city during the mornings. I call it silly - there is nothing gloomy about San Diego. The sun ALWAYS comes out by noon and the days are sunny and breezy and beautiful.

I have been here 3 full days so far and it has been a lot of fun. For the first 2 days Ted and Molly's friend was here from Detroit. She played bball in college and shares the same birthday as me (July 5th). Needless to say, we hit it off!

On Sunday we went to the Hillcrest Farmer's Market...



We ate all kinds of good food at the market and we took some home to enjoy for dinner that night and the following night.
Sunday night we enjoyed delicious and fresh foods from our shopping trip that day:
Here are some oranges that were picked right off of the tree at Ted's friends house in Carlsbad (just up the coast from San Diego). Citrus fruits abound here!
Here is the spread for some of the food we had for dinner
I filled my plate to the brim!
Ted was the grill master. Though we didn't have meat, we did have grilled ears of corn.
And bread and wine...
Dinner was a success!
The next morning (Memorial Day) we got up and went to breakfast at The Mission, probably one of the best breakfast places in the area. I have been here every time that I have come to visit and I am NEVER disappointed. This day was the busiest I have ever seen the restaurant. We waited ~30 minutes to be seated.
Following breakfast we spent the day together just enjoying the nice weather and each other's company. Ted and Molly's friend from Carlsbad came in for dinner and we had a delicious spread (again). I didn't post pictures of this meal only because I feel as though this blog post is already pretty food-centric!
More than anything, the trip thus far has been very relaxing. I have spent much of my time trying to seduce the cats of the household. I have been able to pet Sarah and Hannah pretty regularly but I am still working on Leah.
Hannah...
Sarah...
Leah...

No comments: