Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ahh, my arch nemesis, we meet again.

San Diego is one of the hillier places I have ever been. I have encountered the hill to beat all hills... Princess View Drive. What a sweet name for such a brutal hill. I tried to take some photos during my run to exhibit her magnitude - but I fear that my photos will not do her justice. I like that I am referring to the hill as if it has a personality. I suppose it could represent any obstacle I choose it to. For me, it is just fun to think that she and I have a competition going. So far, I am kicking her behind...

This is close to the base of Princess View (PV)... it is hard to see but she is a long, steep climb. It took about 7-8 minutes to get up her. I want to believe that Pandora (the online radio station that streams to my i-Phone) also has a persona, and she was on my side in this epic battle. I believe this because she played the songs "Baby got back" (by Sir Mix-A-Lot)and "Sexy back" (by Justin Timberlake) as I took on PV. Pandora was cheering me (and my sore behind) on as I took the climb.


About halfway up...

Near the top, looking back down...
Back home, gloating :)
Princess View=0, Mariah=2

I suppose it is good to set goals for yourself, even if you are on vacation and without any major responsibilities. I enjoyed taking on my nemesis once again. Until next time PV.

No comments: