Sunday, October 18, 2009

Loss.

This week my uncle Ted lost a very dear friend of his, Dr. Vert Mooney, in a car accident. This man was one of the primary reasons that my uncle moved to San Diego. Dr. Mooney was one of the premier spine surgeons in the world and from what Ted said was also an incredible intellect and an all around thoughtful and loving person. Though I have only met Dr. Mooney once in my life, I feel as though I knew him well. More than anything, I know how much he meant to Ted. When I got the voicemail from Ted that Dr. Mooney had passed, I cried. It was as if I was channeling Ted's loss.

Sometimes it takes the loss of someone to realize the close bonds that you have with the people who are still living. I feel lucky to have people in my life that I feel vulnerable enough to cry for.

No comments: